NETA ACADEMIC DIVISION
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The New England Translators Association (NETA) will be holding its annual conference on
May 9, 2020 in collaboration with UMass Boston. We welcome panels proposed and
organized by professors, instructors or students. We will also review professor panel
discussions and roundtables. This is an invaluable opportunity for students interested in
translation and interpreting studies to present their work, talk with working translators and
interpreters, and explore the profession. It is also a chance for translation and interpreting
trainers to share their expertise and together advance the field of translation studies.
● New approaches in translation and translation studies
● Translation: from classroom to profession
● Translation and collaboration
● Translation and interpreting studies and the future of the profession
● Translation and social media
● Online translation and interpreting: practice, teaching, learning
Other approaches are welcome.
Deadline: March 2, 2020
Submit your proposal here.
Questions? We are here to help: firstname.lastname@example.org
The conference will once again be held in collaboration with the University of
Massachusetts Boston, at its beautiful Campus Center. The date is Saturday, May 9, 2020,
from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.