New England Translators Association
ACADEMIC DIVISION CALL FOR PAPERS
The New England Translators Association (NETA) will be holding its annual conference on May 4,
2019 in collaboration with UMass Boston, and welcomes papers written by undergraduate and
graduate students, panels organized by professors, as well as proposals for panel discussions and
roundtables from professors teaching in the field of translation and interpreting. This is an
invaluable opportunity for students to present their work, talk with working translators and
interpreters, and explore the profession. It is also a chance for professors to share their
expertise and work together to advance the field of translation studies.
Innovation from Within: How Interpreters and Translators Are Shaping the
Present and Future of the Field
● New approaches in translation and translation studies
● Translation and interpreting studies and the future of the profession
● New technology and social media in translation and interpreting
● Machine translation and its effects on the field of translation studies
● Apps vs. professions: teaching and learning to navigate the future
● Online translation and interpreting: practice, teaching, and learning
Other approaches to the conference theme are also welcome.
Deadline: February 15, 2019
Questions? We are here to help!