- American Translators Association (ATA) is a national association with over 10,000 members throughout the United States and abroad. Among other professional activities, it holds an annual conference every fall, and many specialized or language-division meetings throughout the year. It publishes a monthly magazine, The ATA Chronicle, and offers certification in several language pairs. It has individual and agency members. www.atanet.org
- ATA Chapters & Groups at www.atanet.org/chaptersandgroups/index.php provides a long list of ATA Chapters, ATA Affiliated Groups, and Other Groups throughout the country.
- The International Medical Interpreters Association is at the forefront in the advancement of professional medical interpreters and linguistic access for all patients. It is a vast clearinghouse of information about medical interpretation.
800 Washington Street, Box 271
Boston, MA 02111
Attn: Yoshie Ng
- National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators, is a non-profit organization dedicated to the furtherance of the judiciary interpreting and legal translation profession. Its mission is to be a leader in promoting quality interpretation and translation services in the judicial system.
1707 L Street, NW, Suite 570
Washington, DC 20036
- American Literary Translators Association (ALTA) is the only organization in the United States dedicated solely to literary translation. It promotes literary translation through services to literary translators, forums on the theory and practice of translation, collaboration with the international literary community, and advocacy on behalf of the literary translator.
- International Federation of Translators (FIT) is an international federation of associations of translators, interpreter and terminologists gathering more than 100 associations from all over the world.
- International Association of Conference Translators is the professional body representing translators, précis-writers, revisers and editors working on a temporary or permanent basis for international organizations or conferences.
- International Association of Conference Interpreters has, for fifty years, represented professional conference interpreters worldwide and set standards for the practice of the profession.