Would you like to help us out? NETA can use your services.
In fact, nearly everything we do depends on volunteers. To become fully involved, consider joining our conference committee. If you would like a more limited conference role, there are any number of discrete tasks that need doing, generally between October and May, but especially in February, March, and April.
Volunteering is a wonderful way to get to know people and start getting job referrals. If interested, please see the links in Contact NETA to email us.
• Annual Conference (serving on our conference committee or helping out with any of a host of discrete tasks)
• Programs (suggesting ideas and local speakers for monthly programs, making arrangements)
• Newsletter (proofreading, contacting people to write articles)
• Public Relations (serving as contact person for the media)
• Webmaster (updating pages on useful dictionaries, language events, relevant classes)
• Workshops (organizing occasional workshops on translation and interpreting issues)
Not sure where you want to help? General Info